What a bummer!

Robbo90

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Idaho
MAN! I just need to vent!!!!

I have been saving up for the products to make a tortoise table, I new it would be a few months.

Well on craigslist out of the blue pops up two tortoise tables. They are beautiful! Big, bigger than I was building, AMAZING shape. Well made. FREE

I was so stinking excited I emailed so fast. I got a reply today... He didn't hear from anyone after having it posted for one day and so he burned them in their burn pile.

:(:mad::(:eek::(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Murphy law in action.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, that's a very impatient person. Sorry you lost out. It sounded like a great deal.

Robbo90

5 Year Member
Idaho
AHHH! So the guy I guess just meant someone already had gotten them. He called me today, hoping I still wanted them as the guy was a no show and he was going to disassemble that evening because they are moving. I zoomed over there ASAP with my help since I just had surgery, loaded BOTH of them up and came home.

Minus a BIG thing off of my expense list I got for free! They are wonderfully built, amazing size/perfect size for where we need them and in great shape. He even gave us all the hides, and stuff they used. A bucket of paint to repaint them if need be. Just awesome.

:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
AHHH! So the guy I guess just meant someone already had gotten them. He called me today, hoping I still wanted them as the guy was a no show and he was going to disassemble that evening because they are moving. I zoomed over there ASAP with my help since I just had surgery, loaded BOTH of them up and came home.

Minus a BIG thing off of my expense list I got for free! They are wonderfully built, amazing size/perfect size for where we need them and in great shape. He even gave us all the hides, and stuff they used. A bucket of paint to repaint them if need be. Just awesome.

Result!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

All's well that ends well! Bargain!!