We Got A Pip'....Hypo OG Momma #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
We have a pip today .... from OG Momma Hypo #1 clutch. This is the Mother who produced " Honey Bee" Back in 2011'. Will be interesting to see the differences of the two ( the new neo-nates from Gemma Hypo and this new one from Og Momma ) .....and how *Genes play a role since they have the same "Father" .
OGMOMHYPO4-10-13_zps9e574d68.jpg
OGMOMHYPO4-10-13a_zps42b76434.jpg

JD~:)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Looking forward to seeing what comes out of that egg too!

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
So excited for you!!! I am interested to see what these ones look like as well! Wonder if they will have cute little spots like honey bee! :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok gang.... here she bee#2........OG Moms first Baby Of 2013 :D
(144 days)

Jacqui....Oh MY GOSh a SpLiTtY HYPO ......:p " I think this has your name all over it! ....;):):D "

JD~

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So cute. How's the extra large egg doing? Is it still good so far? If so, I can't wait to see what comes of it. I didn't miss it did I?

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Very nice.. split scute and all! I think it's amazing that OG Mom's babies come out with darker spots on their shells! Can't wait too see if more of these cuties hatch out! :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
So cute. How's the extra large egg doing? Is it still good so far? If so, I can't wait to see what comes of it. I didn't miss it did I?

That egg is actually looking really good so far ...... I will have to get another shot of it . The egg was not from a Hypo Mum' ..but one of the Cherry girls!...It has a long way to go .....

JD~:)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Beautiful baby! I'm interested in the split scutes. Any change in paternal lineage? I guess that question could be a tough one if females are capable of storing sperm for a 2-3+ years. Anyway, I'm becoming more and more convinced this split scute ordeal is not just from environmental conditions during incubation. Seems like it could be a combination of genetics and environment. I'm collecting anecdotal evidence in my head.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Redstrike said:
Beautiful baby! I'm interested in the split scutes. Any change in paternal lineage? I guess that question could be a tough one if females are capable of storing sperm for a 2-3+ years. Anyway, I'm becoming more and more convinced this split scute ordeal is not just from environmental conditions during incubation. Seems like it could be a combination of genetics and environment. I'm collecting anecdotal evidence in my head.
Chris..
Your right on the $$$MONEY$$$..... I have proof it's not just temps/humidity. And just to let you know I have had these paired up for over 3 years .. try about 7 with the addition of the Other hypo female couple years ago... (or close too) So I know exactly who the Father is of both clutches.... and yes .. her first baby from 2011 had funky scutes down it's back ... aside from the hypo's I have a Cherry female that throws out spilttys along with norms in the same clutch. Just as much as this baby was next to the other clutch of hypos in the same tray same temps .. and they are 100% symetrical . Different Mother .....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
N2TORTS said:
Redstrike said:
Chris..
Your right on the $$$MONEY$$$..... I have proof it's not just temps/humidity. And just to let you know I have had these paired up for over 3 years .. try about 7 with the addition of the Other hypo female couple years ago... (or close too) So I know exactly who the Father is of both clutches.... and yes .. her first baby from 2011 had funky scutes down it's back ... aside from the hypo's I have a Cherry female that throws out spilttys along with norms in the same clutch. Just as much as this baby was next to the other clutch of hypos in the same tray same temps .. and they are 100% symetrical . Different Mother .....

I know of a Russian who produced a hatchling with an identical special scute. Same shape and location.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Jacqui said:
N2TORTS said:
Redstrike said:
Chris..

I know of a Russian who produced a hatchling with an identical special scute. Same shape and location.

This is interesting stuff! I currently have three with split scutes and one with a "perfect" shell...maybe someday I can join the breeding ranks and start dabbling in this myself. From what I've heard from you, JD, Allegra, and Jacqui (anyway you can steer me to that Russian breeder?) I'd say there isn't much doubt about split scutes having environmental and hereditary roots. It'd be interesting to see if there is an interaction effect between the two parameters.

Keep up the good work JD!

Status
Not open for further replies.