Wanting a GPP but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Can anybody tell me what the going rate for a baby GPP is? I have seen them for a much as $500 and as little as $300 but I can't imagine one going for those prices. I love my little GPB's and I have heard that GPP's are just as personable and cute as GPB's are. So...any breeders on here have any for sale and if so, how much and do you ship to or live near Dallas? I am also interested in an adult GPB female if anyone has one for a good price. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have seen some hatchlings for 175-200. The older they get the more they will be. Around 2 I have seen for 3-4 hundred. More adult size anywhere around 7-8 humdred is what I have seen. Look in the for sale section, someone as one posted for sale. I don't think it's large enough to sex yet. I believe it is around 2 years and for 4-450.00. Do not respond on the thread, but by pm or email.

BTW, That is the kind of leopard Tom raises. He may have some for sale or soon to be for sale. The best place to get them in my opinion. Send him a pm.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
wellington said:
I have seen some hatchlings for 175-200. The older they get the more they will be. Around 2 I have seen for 3-4 hundred. More adult size anywhere around 7-8 humdred is what I have seen. Look in the for sale section, someone as one posted for sale. I don't think it's large enough to sex yet. I believe it is around 2 years and for 4-450.00. Do not respond on the thread, but by pm or email.

BTW, That is the kind of leopard Tom raises. He may have some for sale or soon to be for sale. The best place to get them in my opinion. Send him a pm.

Awesome thanks!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I don't know, I haven't seen any that cheap. I would say the average price for a hatchling would be around $300 plus ship.

mikeh

5 Year Member
$275-$350 for A grade. 150-200 B grade.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't have any this year, but I always sold mine for $300.

And they are not like the Gbp. Much more like a sulcata in personality in my experience.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Thanks everyone. So I guess I heard right about the price points. It makes me feel better hearing it here so I know I am not going to get taken if I do buy one at the prices I mentioned.

ATXTortoises

5 Year Member
One quick note. Two of us here bought G.p.p. hatchlings from Andrew at Arizona Tortoise. I for one am really happy with the $350 price which included shipping to me in Austin. This one is exceptional and totally worth it.

Patrick

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Arizona Tortoise Compound has a few GPP up for $250 right now, they have extra scutes or one dot on scutes.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Tom said:

And they are not like the Gbp. Much more like a sulcata in personality in my experience.

Not to crash the thread ... sorry if I am ... but Tom, why? and when will you have some again do you think?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Tom said:

Not to crash the thread ... sorry if I am ... but Tom, why? and when will you have some again do you think?

lol....No worries, I wanted to ask the same question myself. I love my babs. They are cute and have ultra cool markings, but I saw a picture of a GPP that had dots that formed a smiley face when you put the two front scutes together....So cool and I LOVE their freckles.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I bought a bunch directly from the breeder for a couple of years and resold them. I just don't have the time or space for it right now. Too many irons in the fire already. My Gpp are just turning three right now and so won't be breeding size/age for at least another couple of years. All the males sure act like they are ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.