Wanted: cactus pads in the midwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
I'm looking for some cactus pads in the Midwest. I've been wanting to order some for quite some time but the shipping on them from the west coast costs more than the pads themselves. I've only got a hatchling so I really don't need much to start with. I've got a few planted to grow next year (fingers crossed if I don't kill them....) but they are tiny right now. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 😀🐢

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have some I will send you for the cost of shipping, not all will be spine-less, some have started to dehydrate for winter (which is normal), and are a little tough but can be cut into narrow strips so the youngsters can eat it, I cut them all winter for my tortoises. I will use a USPS ship anywhere box. If you would like some, let me know what size box to use and where to send it.Check out the USPS web site for box size and cost to ship.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I buy mine in a Mexican grocery store, or at the local produce store. They have a few spines, but those are easy to remove. I wash them and soak them overnight if they look a little wilted. 3 of my 4 torts LOVE them. 1 couldn't care less. :)

Mjdeisher said:
I'm looking for some cactus pads in the Midwest. I've been wanting to order some for quite some time but the shipping on them from the west coast costs more than the pads themselves. I've only got a hatchling so I really don't need much to start with. I've got a few planted to grow next year (fingers crossed if I don't kill them....) but they are tiny right now. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 😀🐢

Status
Not open for further replies.