Wanted: ADULT medium-large breed turtle or tortoise

SRT337

Looking for a new companion on the larger side. Middle aged or older as I am already in my late 20's. Live in South Louisiana.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Just joking. Welcome.
What kind of an area are you planning?
Indoors or out?
(A little information will help us to help you decide on a species.)

Last edited:

SRT337

Just joking. Welcome.
What kind of an area are you planning?
Indoors or out?
(A little information will help us to help you decide on a species.)
Mainly outdoor. Our yard is about 2400 s.f. but we are also open to him/her spending time indoors. We have hardwood floors and my mom's have built a chameleon and an iguana habit in the past so I'm thinking they could make something nice for him/her.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Hi, SRT337!
I live in Covington, LA.
Have a Hermann's Tortoise, Elsa, and she lives outside about 9 months of the year. Her outdoor enclosure is 12 x 18 feet: just a cinderblock wall that is 2 blocks high. In the center of her enclosure is an 8 x 10 safe house where I can lock her up whenever I need to. I do NOT hibernate her, so I have to bring her inside for the winter. I have an indoor enclosure that is about 7 ft long and 3.5 feet wide. I wish it was bigger, but she sleeps a good bit and eats/pees well enough so it's (barely) adequate.

A Hermann's works well for us because she can easily be kept in a fairly typical back yard. A sulcata would NOT do well in our limited space. You'd need a whole lot more space than a standard yard.

Our Elsa is NOT available for a new home, I'm just sharing this information to try and help with your decision.

GOOD LUCK! :)