WalkingRock gets a TREAT!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Where the best place that can I get cactus pads from?
Where do you live? In the Mid-South you can get them at most any food store for fairly cheep (50 cents a lb). If you live in the Northern Tier States, you may have to pay more and get them shipped to you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nice looking rock! ! ! !

M

Maggie Cummings

Enjoyed the pictures. It's interesting that WalkingRock has so much color and Bob is dusty beige. I wonder why...

splntrdhands

Where do you live? In the Mid-South you can get them at most any food store for fairly cheep (50 cents a lb). If you live in the Northern Tier States, you may have to pay more and get them shipped to you.
I live in Louisiana. When I was in Eunice, LA while on vacation, I saw some at the local walmart. Down here, I don't see any anywhere.

M

Maggie Cummings

I forgot to mention the new growth lines so obvious in the pics. Bob too this year. Also it looks like he's trying to tear the siding off your house. Having a big Sulcata gives us the opportunity to experience things that a keeper of small torts simply will never have to go thru...lol.
I am just not quite sure that is a good thing...tee hee

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I forgot to mention the new growth lines so obvious in the pics. Bob too this year. Also it looks like he's trying to tear the siding off your house. Having a big Sulcata gives us the opportunity to experience things that a keeper of small torts simply will never have to go thru...lol.
I am just not quite sure that is a good thing...tee hee

Maggie dear.... those of us with large torts we keep in our back yard (as apposed to breeders with pens) have this one thing in common! That peticular building is my garage and our dog has been helping with the destruction. I had to re-side the East side of my house because the damage was worse and our dog decided to start ripping the insulation out of the holes she made even larger!

Large Torts are great pets.... if you can over look their destructive behavior!

M

Maggie Cummings

Maggie dear.... those of us with large torts we keep in our back yard (as apposed to breeders with pens) have this one thing in common! That peticular building is my garage and our dog has been helping with the destruction. I had to re-side the East side of my house because the damage was worse and our dog decided to start ripping the insulation out of the holes she made even larger!

Large Torts are great pets.... if you can over look their destructive behavior!

Even with the destruction and irritation (and Bob doesn't have a dog to help him) I wouldn't trade him for a new Camaro,
sometimes tho I would for a new Corvette... lol

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
One of the many "Walker Adjustments" I have done, is shorten the rain gutter downspouts and placed barrels under them with 1 1/2 inch plastic pipe to run the water away from the house. After many years of not bothering them Walker has decided he didn't like where this barrel was. I sort of had it secure in place with 2 large concrete planters, he thought they would be better moved out so he could walk behind them. I have decide for the moment the best thing to do is leave them where he put them.Picture 007.jpg The downspout is the brown thing top center left. One advantage I have is I raised him from a hatchling and he taught me sooo much in his 18 years of showing me what he is capable of achieving all by himself. Really all in all he is not that destructive, but he does like to relocate things. My cactus has finally started to grow so they will all be getting fresh pads soon.