UVB - How do you know?

BoxyDorothy

Location (City and/or State)
Ft. Lauderdale
Dorothy is ALWAYS under her log. Once in a while in the morning I'll catch her wandering around her tank, but then its straight back to logging. How do you know if she's getting enough light if she never comes out?

What are the early warning signs shes not getting enough? She's approximately 6 months old now. Still cute as a button.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dorothy is ALWAYS under her log. Once in a while in the morning I'll catch her wandering around her tank, but then its straight back to logging. How do you know if she's getting enough light if she never comes out?

What are the early warning signs shes not getting enough? She's approximately 6 months old now. Still cute as a button.
What species?

They don't need a whole lot of UV time to get the job done, and you can use foods or supplements that have D3 in them to help too.

Its normal and natural for babies to hide a lot. Everything in the wild wants to eat them.

BoxyDorothy

Ft. Lauderdale
What species?

They don't need a whole lot of UV time to get the job done, and you can use foods or supplements that have D3 in them to help too.

Its normal and natural for babies to hide a lot. Everything in the wild wants to eat them.
Desert Box Turtle Hatched - 8/2023

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm in west Sunrise. Probably very close to you. And I just happen to be giving away T5 HO UVB fixtures and 5.0 or 10.0 tubes that test good.
(I also have a UVB meter that we can check your levels with)
The meter is not something I'm giving away.