How bad is her shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
This is Mercy. I rescued her after she was abandoned by her original owners a couple weeks ago. She is about 8 1/2 inches long and I think she's a girl. (to early to tell) obviously she has pyramiding going on. I don't think she was taken really good care of before. I need help from all of you out there. How bad is it? How do u suggest I care for her to prevent it from getting worse? Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• image-4008068240.png
    image-4008068240.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 77

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's pretty bad pyramiding, but it should not impair the tortoises ability to live a long happy life if husbandry is corrected. For a tortoise that size, I think the best thing you could do to help the new growth come in more smooth is to keep the tortoise well hydrated, keep it outside as much as possible, allow it to have plenty of room to exercise, and give him/her a good diet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Neal said:
That's pretty bad pyramiding, but it should not impair the tortoises ability to live a long happy life if husbandry is corrected. For a tortoise that size, I think the best thing you could do to help the new growth come in more smooth is to keep the tortoise well hydrated, keep it outside as much as possible, allow it to have plenty of room to exercise, and give him/her a good diet.

Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies.