Twin Enclosure Phase I & II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
OK... Phase I is under construction and on scedual for Full Assymbly in the next 4-6 weeks... Grass Grows only so fast!
DSCN1068.jpg

...In this Pic you can see the center line that is at ground level now. That line will be the deviding wall between the 2 seperate enclosures. Each side will have a total Living/Walking space of just over 10.5 sqft.

These Pics are scans of the prints I have made for the project. Everything is to scale and all measurments are done on a 1in grid. The Center wall will be 12"-15" tall so they should never see each other and the ramps and 2nd level only go up 8"

TopViewIndoor.jpg

Top View
SideIndoor.jpg

Side View... subject to change! Currently set with total Height of 15" Possable Change to 20" height
FrontIndoor.jpg

Front View... subject to change! Currently set with total Height of 15" Possable Change to 20" height.

My Lid I am having problems with because I have not decided on a proper height. If I set the Height at 15", I will have to have a hindged lid. If I set it to 20" I can have all 3 sides of Plexi-Glass hindged for access.
Having a hinged lid has it's own set of problems, Mainly, Light placement and heater placement that is not disturbed buy opening the enclosure, not to mention the weight of the door portion of the lid.
By hinging the Plexi-Glass panel I can reach all around each side without disturbing the lights and heaters.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thats a big project you have going on, can't wait to see the finished product....

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Never seen anyone use blueprints like that on here, nice.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Jacob said:
Never seen anyone use blueprints like that on here, nice.

I've got a really good CAD program called "Draft It". It's not nearly so complex as Auto CAD but is designed so rookies can us it without to much trouble and Pros can still design complex shapes and Buildings (with the right tweeking). It's only a couple of hundred dollars and I highly recommend this program for anyone, Rookie or Pro, who has an interest in Building or drafting!

Status
Not open for further replies.