Trip to the vet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvmyGreenSon

5 Year Member
Today I took Guido to the vet. Lately my battle to get him well has been a bit of a struggle. He was sticking to the same spot in his enclosure not moving for up to 12 hours... he was eating but it didnt seem like enough. He would make it to his food bowl and when he got there he would fall asleep and stay there. Well I took him to the vet and the vet told me that he had the softest shell he has felt on a tortoise... :( of course I stated to him Guido's previous life and told him what I've been doing to get him well and he said along with that some calcium shots, vitamin shots, and some special food I have to administer into his mouth should get Guido on the right track to a healthier life. I love my little guy so much I really hope he an pull through.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
I'm a relatively new tortoise owner but today I tried a product called Vita-shell and it says that it helps to make healthier shells (I have a russian) and when i used it on my tortoise his shell got shinier and it felt like a little more solid (not anything mindblowing, just a little bit)....maybe you could look into that?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for your up hill battle. Keep pushing on and hopefully soon you will have the daily battle of just enjoying him. Good luck:D

Status
Not open for further replies.