Treats for Softshells

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Occasionally, I try out random food stuffs with my softshells as treats so see what they like and don't like. More often than not, they come over look at it, usually taste it and spit it out. Today was a success with corn, does anyone have anything your softies particularly enjoy as a treat? 100_5509.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I absolutely LOVE these pudgy adorable turtle....so beautiful...

oh sorry, nothing to offer in the way of your request for ideas on treats...... :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
when I had mine, they loved snails.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
tadpoles, crayfish, dragonfly larvea, snails, worms, leaches, crickets, basically anything found in or around rivers or streams including small mammals and occasionly birds (depending on species). though not sure how muchof their diet is plant material.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Saloli said:
tadpoles, crayfish, dragonfly larvea, snails, worms, leaches, crickets, basically anything found in or around rivers or streams including small mammals and occasionly birds (depending on species). though not sure how muchof their diet is plant material.

mine liked live shrimp and earth worms the best.... im sad to say that he passed away today he was recued from the birds 2 summers ago and had a good life yet short.... i miss him hope yours are doing well :D

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
Sorry to hear about your little guy kvoigt.

and thanks everyone for the suggestions, the softies are doing well. The usual diet rotates around snails, bugs, bloodworms, and krill, and enrichment(random produce). Today they got a bite of butternut squash-which Rufus(the larger of the 2 that i am sure is actually a rufie/rufina) gobbled right up, but the smaller one-Peewee doesn't seem to care for it. I expect Peewee's tank mate, Maryturtle(a mud turtle) will steal any leftovers though. lol.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
When I worked at Lion Country...we would toss extra monkey biscuits to them

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
sorry to hear that. I don't have mine any more they were either given to a friend or they were released back to where they were caught I don't remember that wa about 15 years ago that i had them.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
tortoises101 said:
Have you tried salmon soaked in salmon water? Mmm, yeah, that's the stuff. :D

i will have to try this, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.