1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Trading Radiated tortoise

Discussion in 'Bartering and Trades' started by Onidara, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Onidara

Onidara Active Member

Trading radiated tortoise for "cherry head" Brazilian or "Bolvarin" southern Adult Redfoot females
  2. zovick

zovick Well-Known Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    You should be aware that trades of Radiated Tortoises for any other species requires BOTH parties to possess CBW Permits (or be legal residents of the same state). Also, according to the new head of USFWS Management Authority (Tim Van Norman), even if the trade involves only Radiated Tortoises (IE, 3 babies for one juvenile), the same rules apply. In other words, the only trade of Radiated Tortoises not requiring a CBW (or same state residency) is an even trade of one Radiated Tortoise for another Radiated Tortoise. It is a rather unfortunate way for him to interpret the law regarding interstate commerce involving endangered species, but that is his interpretation and we must abide by it for the foreseeable future.

I know the above statements to be true because one of my friends who deals with him and USFWS on a daily basis asked him about these things directly only a couple of weeks ago.
  3. Onidara

Onidara Active Member

Yup, I know the rules. I have my permit and I know they need theirs too unless we both live within the same state.
    Tom likes this.
  4. Adrian Tufton

Adrian Tufton Member

Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do......
    the Turtle Shepherd likes this.