Left my Russian in the tub by accident but it may have cured her illness?

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
My Russian tort, Pearl, may have gotten left in the tub a bit longer than expected when I got distracted by chores. She was soaking between an hour to an hour 15 (I usually only soak her for 30 minutes max and frequently change the water so it’s warm). I put her in her basking spot under the heat lamp and shes awake and not exhibiting signs of distress. Here’s the thing! Pearl’s sinuses closed up over the winter. I since started using a different substrate and have a humidifier running with a gauge. And I give her more frequent soaks all based on the vets recommendations. The last three months they still haven’t fully opened UNTIL she got accidentally left soaking. How they are fully open and clear! So I guess maybe it was the kick she needed to get better? I still feel so bad though, doesn’t help she’s being sassy with me now. Any advice? Is this normal?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have left my baby leopard over night and water was cold next day and it had no affect on him.
A humidifier as long as it's in the room and not the enclosure is fine, but not in the enclosure.
He should have humidity though around 59% for and adult, 80% for hatchlings. Do this by dampening the substrate from the bottom, pour warm water in corner. This will give the moisture/humidity needed.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I agree about not using a humidifier (if in the enclosure). I have a humidifier in my room with my tortoise and turtle. I'm glad Pearl is doing better.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I also once forgot for about an hour. He was super cranky, but no harm done