$$$-Tortoise -$$$

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
Here in Texas, I see Sulcatas from $60 to $100 and today at a local pet shop they had 5'' Red Foots for $145

JWiediyanto

Indian star-30 dollars
Sulcata - 100 dollars
Pardalis - 70 dollars
Hermann - 300 dollars
Radiata - 500 dollars

Rural

5 Year Member
Denmark
Damn, I would NEVER pay 1000$ for Hermann's..

A Russian is about 200$ to 300$ for an adult.
A Greek is 300$ to 350$ for an adult.
Red Foots are around 400$ for an medium sized one.
Sulcatas are about 1000$ for a decent sized one.
Star Tortoises are 480$ for a hatchling and I've seen pricetags of up to 6000$ for an adult.
Hingeback's (all kinds pretty much) are about 200$ for an adult.
And the very few box turtles we have go for about 150$, but I've only seen Eastern's, and I've only seen them once.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
@ChrisKTaylor , you have kinixys erosa in Denmark which are commonly available? I would be very interested if I could get some female adults for the equivalent of $200. There are only a few in the UK, and not many advertised even in Germany.

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
New Zealand
God damn, I would NEVER pay 1000$ for Hermann's..

Yip I know it's a sad day when there are so few Hermann's in the country you have to pay for the 'privilege' of owning one.
At least they were a year old, cant get hatchlings here, probably because they are worth so much to sell at one year of age.

Wendy

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I don't even know what I'd do if I could get a star for $30. Oh yes I do, I'd buy it without a second thought LOL.

Elohi(Earth)

Rural

5 Year Member
Denmark
@ChrisKTaylor , you have kinixys erosa in Denmark which are commonly available? I would be very interested if I could get some female adults for the equivalent of $200. There are only a few in the UK, and not many advertised even in Germany.
I wouldn't say they're common in very many stores, but in "Junglen" they have them a lot. The current stock cost 186$ per hingeback, I'm not sure about age or size though.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I don't even know what I'd do if I could get a star for $30. Oh yes I do, I'd buy it without a second thought LOL.

Elohi(Earth)
LOL.... I would have more than one. More like a dozen or so. For that price I would move to a house with a much bigger yard and have Stars all over it!

tortoise Inc

5 Year Member
New Zealand
God damn, I would NEVER pay 1000$ for Hermann's..

A Russian is about 200$ to 300$ for an adult.
A Greek is 300$ to 350$ for an adult.
Red Foots are around 400$ for an medium sized one.
Sulcatas are about 1000$ for a decent sized one.
Star Tortoises are 480$ for a hatchling and I've seen pricetags of up to 6000$ for an adult.
Hingeback's (all kinds pretty much) are about 200$ for an adult.
And the very few box turtles we have go for about 150$, but I've only seen Eastern's, and I've only seen them once.

Chris - You are going to fall off your perch when I tell you this. I just brought a rising three year old three toed turtle in New Zealand for $1,000.NZD = $618 EUR. And that was a cheap one! I told the breeder that I would take two and when I saw how small they were I decided to only take the one. They are very hard to find, they don't get advertised, you have to be in the know. The breeder I got my Hermann from breed them and gave me first pick. Think he is going to be really easy to keep and may regret not getting the second one. Wendy

leopard777

5 Year Member
any idea why leopard fetch a higher price then sulcata ? low birth rate ?

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Chris - You are going to fall off your perch when I tell you this. I just brought a rising three year old three toed turtle in New Zealand for $1,000.NZD = $618 EUR. And that was a cheap one! I told the breeder that I would take two and when I saw how small they were I decided to only take the one. They are very hard to find, they don't get advertised, you have to be in the know. The breeder I got my Hermann from breed them and gave me first pick. Think he is going to be really easy to keep and may regret not getting the second one. Wendy
eastern and 3 toed box turtles are around $60 ~100 in US.
Ornate box around $100~150
chinese box around $170~200 (baby)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
any idea why leopard fetch a higher price then sulcata ? low birth rate ?

No not really but maybe the reason could be that there was some years ago still export quotas from Africa and from paradalis not or only some special exports. So that you can buy more WC or farmbreed animals from Africa which are cheaper than CB. And from paradalis you have to buy CB.. Not sure if that is the reason.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
eastern and 3 toed box turtles are around $60 ~100 in US.
Ornate box around $100~150
chinese box around $170~200 (baby)

What are Chinese box turtles? You mean cuora?? And this price is only for C. flavo and amboinensis. The other ones are a little bit more expensive..

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe

Haha every time on the search for K. erosa females to funny