Tortoise Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

R114

5 Year Member
Hello, I've been having trouble finding a decent size tortoise table online. I am not very handy and buying one online would save me a lot of trouble. I am looking for something around 5'x3' and around 1 foot deep. If anybody knows a good place for me to find one I would really appreciate the help!

abclements

5 Year Member
I've got a couple ideas for ya!

You can use a 55 gallon Rubbermaid tote from Home Depot or any other Home Improvement Store/Walmart. It's more like 4'X2' so depending on the size of your tort, that may be too small. But The rubber makes it really easy to maintain heat and humidity, especially if you keep the lid on, and it's completely waterproof! Fairly inexpensive depending on your budget. http://www.homedepot.com/Rubbermaid...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

You can craigslist a bookshelf with the right dimensions, lay it on it's back, take out the shelving and use that. You'd have to put in a liner or waterproofer of some kind but that wouldn't be too difficult. That's also fairly cheep.

Or you can go the more expensive route and purchase a premade enclosure, but they usually still need some work and are really expensive.

Anyways, those are my ideas for you. Craigslist is awesome and there's bound to be something good on there for a low price!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Salvation Army's or any thrift store have book shelves. I bought one for $25.

abclements

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:
Salvation Army's or any thrift store have book shelves. I bought one for $25.

I didn't even think of that! Good call

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I'm currently looking for a book shelf as well you can line it with shower curtins from the dollar store and if you want use the shelfs them to place on top as a lid XD happy hunting feel free to send pics when it is all setup

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Sometimes there are FREE bookcases on craigslist.Pick it up, turn it on its back, cut the shelves out and enjoy!
😄

R114

5 Year Member
Rover15 said:
I'm currently looking for a book shelf as well you can line it with shower curtins from the dollar store and if you want use the shelfs them to place on top as a lid XD happy hunting feel free to send pics when it is all setup

Haha nice Idea with the roof, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.