Finally found a tortoise table in the US

Zoe Smith

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
I just got a baby red foot because I'm new to this.

Don't know if anyone else had the trouble I did finding a custom tortoise table in the US but I finally found a place that makes them! Just wanted to share and save people the time.

I also wondered if anyone here has advice on how to keep space warm at night when the heat lamp (mercury vapor) is off at night, besides the zoomed heat pad? Can one use the heat rocks?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 84

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
Redfoots require a lot more humidity than most. My redfoot is currently housed in a ZooMed Tortoise Table, and I had to cover the top with a shower curtain, or else the humidity just immediately goes away.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
It is quite possible to keep humidity constantly at 70%+ in an open-top, but it will lose humidity much more, and living in California, I would gather that the general air in the house is dry?

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
the table is nice bro, maybe just buy a piece of wood, or plexi glass with hinges to put over the table, and that should hold the humidity in pretty well, and if you do get some hinges you would be able to open and close with no problem, simple and fairly cheap fix

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yep. Redfoots DO need a tortoise table but it needs to be an enclosed chamber table. Humidity is critical and needs to be 80-90%. You can make out own or modify that one I. The picture. Just know that the one in the picture is really small and your tort will out grow it in a matter of months. Here's one that I just built for my baby Redfoot and I expect in 4-6 months that I will need one much larger.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404997569.411797.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404997595.760250.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404997619.933485.jpg

Sent from My RF himself. He is telling me what to type. In fact he's reading this over my shoulder and about to bite my ear.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
image.jpg image.jpg
What you bought is cool and can definitely be used!!!
Our baby Redfoots are in the above, closed chambers. The top one was a bookcase turned onto its back. We put pond liner on the inside to hold humidity, as it is wood. My husband built it up with scrap wood and added the CHE, lights, misting system.
The 2nd picture is a 50 gallon stock tank. Cost $30.00. A piece of plexiglass and wood on the back half( top) with the CHE, light.
There are so many things you can do.
Just keep reading.