Tortoise rescue in TX AZ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt581

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jackson MI
Alot of people in MI say there is a rescue for sulcata tortoises in AZ and TX? They have alot of land they say and the roam around yr around?
IF this is true whats the website pleaseeeeee

thanks

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
There are rescues in both states I believe, I'm sure about Texas, but dint remember names. Google it and I'm sure it will cone up. Be prepared to drive and pick up your tort if they even consider rehoming out of state. There are a lot of hoops to jump through and inspections when dealing with rescues. It's a shame because it deters even the most experienced keepers.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
TaraDodrill said:
There are rescues in both states I believe, I'm sure about Texas, but dint remember names. Google it and I'm sure it will cone up. Be prepared to drive and pick up your tort if they even consider rehoming out of state. There are a lot of hoops to jump through and inspections when dealing with rescues. It's a shame because it deters even the most experienced keepers.

I agree, they require so much from someone who wants to adopt that it becomes to much of a hassle and it pushes people to just buy one instead of adopting.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.