Tortoise Not Pooping

SamarSaudagar

I have recently bought a new Star Tortoise baby 2 days back.. Since then he has not pooped.. He is eating well walking actively n seems to be completely fine but is not pooping.. What should i do...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461656001.547000.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome. You have cone to the right place for advice on your new friend. He'll be with you for the next 50+ years so it's important to get the care right.

Your tort's enclosure needs an overhaul; you have a tortoise not a pet rodent. For example, hay or straw is not a good substrate as it goes moldy. Coco coir, orchid bark and garden dirt are all much better. I and others will come back to that shortly.

Your tort is probably not pooping in part because it is too dry. You need soak this tort for a good 20 minutes twice a day in warm, but not hot, water.

Use a high sided bowl that he can't see through. The water should come up over the plastron (undershell)

I will start by posting a link to our Beginner Mistakes thread - please read it carefully.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Please post photos of your lights so that we can advise on those. You will need to know the four important temperatures, warm side cool side, directly under the basking lamp and overnight minimum.