Star Tortoise Not pooping

SamarSaudagar

Hello i have got a start tortoise some days back n have been getting very good help from this forum... He seems to be conpletely fine eats well..he is also exposed to diresct sunlight for abt 20-25 min a day wit proper area's of shade as well.. I also soaf him in luke warm water for abt 15-20 min twice a day.. Its been abt 4-5 days since i bought him n has he has still not pooped... Im a lil worried on this plz helpImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461832630.236563.jpg

Kori5

He's probably stressed. I would soak longer, for 30 min and offer some cucumber if he is constipated. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll poop :).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Put the tortoise in a little tub of warm water. Use a tub with tall sides that he can't climb out of, and some room on the floor of it so he can walk around. Leave him in there for about a half hour, but check frequently. Make it so the water comes up to the middle of his sides, or where the top meets the bottom shells.

Scrambling around in the water, trying to get out, almost never fails to make a tortoise poop. If, after a half hour, he still hasn't pooped, leave him in there longer.