Titanic Tortoises Through Time!

Donald Esker

Location (City and/or State)
Waco Texas
Greetings all! My name is Don Esker; I'm a doctoral candidate in geology with a specialization in vertebrate paleontology studying at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. I've been hugely into vertebrate paleontology since 1987 or so, and I've admired tortoises for just as long. While I've had a few painted turtles, and briefly looked after a convalescing western ornate box turtle, I only got my first tortoise yesterday. She (or he -- I have no way of knowing yet) is a marginated tortoise hatchling named Oliver. She's a research partner and a friend! Oliver2.JPG

Rue

Canada
So? What are you two working on? :)

Donald Esker

Waco Texas
I have her inside at the moment (I'm in an apartment for the next year at least) but I'm going to take her out to catch some sun whenever it's warm enough. When I settle down she'll get a tortoise garden of her own.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Don, and Oliver! Welcome from Round Rock, TX! I have a couple of redfoot babies and love everything about them. This forum is a great place to learn, share and make friends. Happy to have you both

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Don!

(I'm sorry about the subject title on your other thread. I was combining the duplicate threads so all the members' answers would show up on one thread, and when I was finished I was left with "Duplicate Thread" being the thread title. I wasn't able to find your original title, so I made up one of my own. If you want me to fix it to your words instead of mine, let me know)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Don and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum from a fellow palaeontologist and tortoise lover.