Time for a Manicure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
I am kinda concerned about the nails of the new Russians that we adopted. Can anyone tell me what the average length of nails are for them? Is it normal for them to walk on their nails rather than their actual feet? Can we trim or file them or should a vet do that? They also kindof drag their shells when they walk instead of holding themselves up and using their legs more. Is this normal or could it be a hint of MBD? Thank you in advance for your help!!

FinnTort

5 Year Member
Jessadawn said:
Is it normal for them to walk on their nails rather than their actual feet?

Russians walk on their (especially front) nails, yes. The thing I'm concerned about is the dragging...

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
I use my iPhone to go on the forum and for some reason I can't post videos or pics. :( idk if it's my phone or the forum. I'll try to use my parents computer to post some.

Jessadawn

5 Year Member
Well Oxy doesnt drag her shell and she's actually 6 oz heavier than Igy. He does seem to be trying to lift himself up so I have been letting him walk around their room for an hour or so when I get home from work hoping that the exercise will strethen those cute little chubby legs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.