Does my greek need a manicure?

nicholas lim

Hi all, we've had Sheldon for about a year and a few months now and lately I've noticed his claws are a little long. I was wondering if i need to give him a trim or are they normal for his breed. He's a golden greek. We have a few pieces of slate in the enclosure (one that we put his food on), and there are a few terra cotta pots in there that he likes to climb on. From what i was told, they tend to file their own nails down as they explore, but it seems like i might need to help a bit. Thanks in advance

P.s. i know the substrate looks really dry. I took these pics right before i wet down the tank. I had to snap them while he was still sleepy haha.

20170123_071837.jpg 20170123_071637.jpg 20170123_071817.jpg 20170123_071646.jpg

yillt

Hi all, we've had Sheldon for about a year and a few months now and lately I've noticed his claws are a little long. I was wondering if i need to give him a trim or are they normal for his breed. He's a golden greek. We have a few pieces of slate in the enclosure (one that we put his food on), and there are a few terra cotta pots in there that he likes to climb on. From what i was told, they tend to file their own nails down as they explore, but it seems like i might need to help a bit. Thanks in advance

P.s. i know the substrate looks really dry. I took these pics right before i wet down the tank. I had to snap them while he was still sleepy haha.

View attachment 197787 View attachment 197788 View attachment 197789 View attachment 197790
They look fine but if you're worried just add some slate and maybe some half logs for him to wear them down. :)