Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I received three male sulcatas this evening from a fellow who is moving and can't take the tortoises with him. He got them as 3 year olds, and they were already pyramided and showed signs of MBD (but he's not a tortoise person, so didn't know the difference). The biggest one weighs about 80lbs and the other two are probably about 40 and 50lbs. The biggest one looks the best and is already adopted out.

I love this photo. It shows my 80lb zombie dog with the biggest sulcata on the left:
05-09-13zombiedog_zps6287391a.jpg

This is the smallest of the three and the worst shell condition:
05-09-13c_zpsb823ac9a.jpg

If you live in the Central Valley of California, near Fresno/Clovis, the two smaller tortoises are looking for a forever home. There is no fee, but I have to come look at your yard to be sure in my mind that the tortoises are going to a good, safe home.

They have lived the past 9 years in a large barn with access to outside (dirt), and have been fed grass hay and romaine lettuce. When the first one (the smallest) was brought into the back yard and tipped forward from the wheel barrow, he started eating the grass while his body was still in the wheel barrow, and being tipped out.

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow when the sun is shining.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here are the promised pictures. First one is the smallest(45lbs):

05-11-13l_zps27421131.jpg

05-11-13k_zpsbb6c051b.jpg

Then the mid-sized one (53lbs):

05-11-13i_zpsf884140a.jpg

05-11-13j_zps1cd4b0b9.jpg

And lastly, the largest one (too big for me to pick up):

05-11-13m_zps132f7de9.jpg

05-11-13n_zpse9bd6456.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope. They get along just fine.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm glad they are at least in the hands of someone who knows what they care wise. I started to show Karen the pictures and she said, “ok, I don't want to see anymore sad tortoise pictures!"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've just been taking the guy's word for it that they're all males. I guess I'd better try to turn them over and see if its true. I got in another one this a.m. bright and early. I'll post about it when I wake up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.