Things i need to buy for a russian tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
I will eventually buy a russian tortoise but for now i am focusing on things i need to buy for one. Can anyone name all the things i need for a russian tortoise? I have heard of some basic things i need to buy but I need to make sure i am getting all the things he/she will need so if anyone could name all the things he needs than that would be great! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Large indoor and outdoor enclosure, UVB light (not the coil kind) possible ceramic heat emitter, substrate, plain dirt or coconut coir or cypress mulch, clay or plastic saucer for water, the kind that goes under flower pots, a couple hides, plants for decoration and eating, piece of flat rock or tile for feeding on. I think I got it all. Others can add what I have missed.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Large indoor and outdoor enclosure, UVB light (not the coil kind) possible ceramic heat emitter, substrate, plain dirt or coconut coir or cypress mulch, clay or plastic saucer for water, the kind that goes under flower pots, a couple hides, plants for decoration and eating, piece of flat rock or tile for feeding on. I think I got it all. Others can add what I have missed.

Thanks Wellington!

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Seeds for growing your grass & weed garden. They needs lots of variety in their diet.

Don't let the petstore talk you into buying one of those 40 gallon or smaller aqauriums. Russians needs ALOT of space.

Will you be getting a baby or an adult?

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
mctlong said:
Seeds for growing your grass & weed garden. They needs lots of variety in their diet.

Don't let the petstore talk you into buying one of those 40 gallon or smaller aqauriums. Russians needs ALOT of space.

Will you be getting a baby or an adult?

I know how to take care of them and everything, I was just making sure i had all the stuff so i could make a list.
I will be getting a hatchling or young juvenile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.