The Sassiest Tort

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I seen the thread you did on your friends leopard. Except for the night temps, the same advice goes for your little one to. Just in case you didn't know.
Also, if that is moss I see, get rid of it. It can cause impaction if eaten and so many tortoises will eat it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the hermanni. I've been fighting the urge to get some for years. Its a losing battle. I should just cave... Pictures like yours do not help me in my resistance to the inevitable.

I agree about the moss. Every time I've ever tried to use it, the tortoise eats it, and it can cause impaction.

hokankai

WA
I seen the thread you did on your friends leopard. Except for the night temps, the same advice goes for your little one to. Just in case you didn't know.
Also, if that is moss I see, get rid of it. It can cause impaction if eaten and so many tortoises will eat it.
No moss, it was decorative on that log! My guys are 3 years old now and doing great! This was an older picture of her as a yearling :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Moss causes impactions if they eat it and many like eating it. But I'm talking about what looks like sphagnum moss under the log mixed with the wood chips. It might not be moss, it's hard to tell for sure. I thought I seen some stringy looking moss under it. Not referring to the stuff on top of the log.

hokankai

WA
Moss causes impactions if they eat it and many like eating it. But I'm talking about what looks like sphagnum moss under the log mixed with the wood chips. It might not be moss, it's hard to tell for sure. I thought I seen some stringy looking moss under it. Not referring to the stuff on top of the log.
🤣 that’s so funny I totally forgot I used that stuff! This is an old picture of when she was a baby as a humid hide. They never used it anyway so I didn’t use it for long