Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Some of you have said that I have a cool job. Well, I've only ever shown you all the good stuff. Sure I get to hold a cool bird for a minute once in a great while, or occasionally dodge a dodgy white rhino, but THIS is the real story. Yep. I'm really just a PFE. (Professional Fecal Engineer). This is what I do almost every day. On this day we were in the barn area of Santa Anita Racetrack and I was mucking stalls for our "race" horses. The show is called "Luck" with Nick Nolte, Dustin Hoffman and a few other big names. My dog plays Nick's character's dog in the show, but when the dog is not working, this is what I'm doing. Well either this or messin' around on TFO. They have wifi at Santa Anita.:D "Luck" is supposed to start airing on HBO sometime pretty soon, I think.

acwhe1.jpg

53sl5u.jpg

So sorry for misleading you all for so long... I'm just not the cool dude that I make myself out to be...

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
What a load of @%&# ! ROFL Tom,I think every good job involves shoveling a little bit of it,especially if you're in politics! I'm sure taking care of your buisiness the way you do keeps you in demand. I'll be watching for "luck"

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
So what yer sayin is that yer job stinks?
(ba-dum CHING)
heheh couldn't resist the set up.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
That's awesome that your dog is going to be on tv! Where did you go to get your PFE degree? Or did you train on the job? ha ha I'm such a dork! I work with animals and the reality of it is, I get peed on, pooped on, bit, scratched, etc daily. And I am at risk of gettting verbally abused by people almost everyday. But I also get all the puppy kisses & kitty head rubs you could ever ask for :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I don't have HBO, but now a want to see that show. Hmmm...Do I get HBO or go watch it at my sisters house?.......

I don't have HBO, but now a want to see that show. Hmmm...Do I get HBO or go watch it at my sisters house?.......

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
zoogrl said:
That's awesome that your dog is going to be on tv! Where did you go to get your PFE degree? Or did you train on the job? ha ha I'm such a dork! I work with animals and the reality of it is, I get peed on, pooped on, bit, scratched, etc daily. And I am at risk of gettting verbally abused by people almost everyday. But I also get all the puppy kisses & kitty head rubs you could ever ask for :)

Ooh! We should have a TFO "Bite Scar" contest. Dean? Up for that?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Are you seriously wearing a mask just to clean up a little bit of horse poo?

I never would have had you pegged for such a sissy.... :p ;)

:D :D :D :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Kristina's right you got to loss the mask I thought you were a manly man with all those pic's I must say I dont know any more:p

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh Tom! U R still cool in my book! You could have Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) come out and do a show on you:p!

I think most of us who have torts could post a picture similar to yours with all that shoveling.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:

Which one should I display...the Grizzly bite that peeled the top of my head like a banana? Or the wolf bite to the thigh that had me bleeding for more than 8 hours? Think I'm kidding?!?!?! NOT!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
awwwwwww man! Can I come and work for you? seriously would much rather have a s shoveling job sometimes than work in the hospital. By the way I did go back to work. 3rd day in, slipped on a clear piece of plastic on the floor and .. it wasn't pretty. And besides a dodgy rhino, I think your animals are much easier to care for than my patients.

Oh ~ if you need reference pics, I can get some of me shoveling RVs stuff...

cheers Tom.

teri

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
oh man! I 've gotta see the grizzly one! Oh, and hear the story behind it too!!

DeanS said:
Tom said:

Which one should I display...the Grizzly bite that peeled the top of my head like a banana? Or the wolf bite to the thigh that had me bleeding for more than 8 hours? Think I'm kidding?!?!?! NOT!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Every job has good and bad. In most cases the good should out way the bad, lol....Tom, you still have a great job! I should post a picture of my daily rounds of picking up five gallon buckets of aldabra poo...........lol....

P.S. I do not wear a mask or gloves.....just wash my hands....lol...

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Tom said:
zoogrl said:

SWEET!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nick Nolte with YOUR dog......what more could we ask for! As for your "job" Tom, you'd probably be cool no matter what you do.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey! The mask is for all the dust. I've done it before without one, but it gets pretty miserable after about an hour of shaking out fresh straw bales and stirring up all the dirt. You should see what the boogers look like after a day without a mask... okay, maybe not, but take my word for it, things are much better with a dust mask in those particular stalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.