The plastron line on my tortoise got orange

ooykk

BKPL1ylDCdSQ5lv8aRaoMUOdkU40tiXJjvtHeM0
She is extremely tired all the time. Barely eats. What do you think is wrong?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello.
I'm sorry, but your photo does not show for me.
Please try and upload it again and check to see if you can see it when you go into the thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because ALL of the new growth is orange, I'm guessing the tender new growth has absorbed color from the substrate.

ooykk

It started a month ago. That orange color was a lot more paler, but then she started to eat less and move less. At first it wasn't even that noticable, but after a while we understood that something was wrong. I mean we feed her regularly and she gets enough vitamin D from the sun, too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Sorry to hear about your tort, and sorry: cannot help you-am not a tort expert. :(

Please keep us updated, and hope to hear your tort is well soon.:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
If she is tired all the time and not eating, I think there is another problem.
Please can you show us your enclosure and tell us your four temps: basking spot; hot side; cool side and nighttime low.
What type of bulb do you use?
What do you feed her ?

ooykk

We found her dead this morning, there was also one more tortoise that lived with her so same conditions applied to other too but the other one is healthy. So I don't think the problem was the four temps or her diet, maybe her immune system was very low, I don't know. Thanks for your concerns.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We found her dead this morning, there was also one more tortoise that lived with her so same conditions applied to other too but the other one is healthy. So I don't think the problem was the four temps or her diet, maybe her immune system was very low, I don't know. Thanks for your concerns.
Really sorry to hear this .

The one other tortoise could well have been the cause of her problems. As you have no doubt read on here, we don't recommend keeping torts in pairs. They're loners and not sociable. Bullying is common and unfortunately can lead to the death of the subordinate one that doesn't get to eat or rest in peace.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Sorry to hear that. Please accept my sincere condolences.