The Cost of Mazuri

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
When I first started using the original Mazuri the price was $16.95 for a 25 pound bag before taxes. Can't remember what year that was. I just got 4 bags and the cost after taxes has risen to $44.51 a bag. I've always bought it from the same business, they don't keep it in stock so I call and tell them how much I need and they order it on their next shipment from Richmond. The past 3 years have had the greatest increase in price. I'm not complaining just noticing how everything has gotten more expensive. Some things more than others.

Naga Morich

Croatia, Umag(Umago)
When I first started using the original Mazuri the price was $16.95 for a 25 pound bag before taxes. Can't remember what year that was. I just got 4 bags and the cost after taxes has risen to $44.51 a bag. I've always bought it from the same business, they don't keep it in stock so I call and tell them how much I need and they order it on their next shipment from Richmond. The past 3 years have had the greatest increase in price. I'm not complaining just noticing how everything has gotten more expensive. Some things more than others.
In Europe, Italy… I need to pay 15euro for 1kg of Mazuri.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Whenever you see bugs in any dry good, that food is now lacking nutrients. The bugs are living off the food that you want full of the good stuff for your animal. If any bugs are found I will not feed to any of my animals. We have a pot belly pig, and quite often get bug filled pellets, now we only use Mazuri for her. The nutrient lose is minimal but It's not good enough for my babies.
Just a side note.........Our dog food went from $37 to now $90, on chewy.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Whenever you see bugs in any dry good, that food is now lacking nutrients. The bugs are living off the food that you want full of the good stuff for your animal. If any bugs are found I will not feed to any of my animals. We have a pot belly pig, and quite often get bug filled pellets, now we only use Mazuri for her. The nutrient lose is minimal but It's not good enough for my babies.
Just a side note.........Our dog food went from $37 to now $90, on chewy.
I've actually seen tiny white worms in Mazuri pellets before. I'm sure they're the moth larvae.
I've never given them much of a thought

TommyTheV

San Diego, CA
I have the original and LS on auto ship with mines. Saves a little and saves me the shopping time as I too believe Chewy's got the best price so far :)

But wow, way back when it was $16 a bag, I would have gotten a bunch and airbag em.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Is Mazuri the only good one y'all can get?

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
when ever you see bugs remember you don't know how many bugs survived eating the food then died. Many of the bugs can't escape the bag and die. Before we started Mazuri Pig pellets we would put 1/2 cup in pigs dish and see hundreds of dead bugs,as well as alive ones. The more bugs the more the food is lacking nutrients, NOT for my babies. We are discussing the high cost of feed, why settle for 80% or 90% of the nutrients listed? Also if you see bugs no telling what you don't see in the feed. If I see anything but feed I consider the bag compromised and will not use it for any animal, even the chickens.

Last edited by a moderator: