Thank you to all of You who helped with your guidance and support for my little Leopard

Roy's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
You are amazing. I put his Mazuri, calcium, kale, romaine, , cactus pad , cucumber, hibiscus leaves, dandelion etc in the Vitamix. It's perfect. He's never eaten so much!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Hello, I'm new to this forum and also have a leopard. I've been reading posts here and am about to make some serious changes to help my tortoise thrive! I have a couple questions about the diet you're referring to. What is the vitamix? Is the mazuri for young/growing tortoises or all sizes?
Thanks!

KateZ

Hi... Welcome. What kind of tortoise did you get? Would love details. How old, habitat ideas etc.

the Vitamix is a high powered mixer that can be used on dry items. Mazuri pellets, romaine etc. kitchen mixer. I used it today to blend Raffi's food. He loved the mixture and small bites. It also allowed me t hide his calcium and dark green veggies into the mix. He ate like a champ..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is a manufactured pellet. It's very helpful to put growth onto a tortoise and something to make sure he's getting all the nutrients he needs. It's also a good idea to get a tortoise used to eating it so that if there's ever a day or time that you don't have fresh food he can be fed the Mazuri and not have to go hungry that day. It's for all ages of tortoise.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
I do not like to think or say bad things about companies or people without knowing all the facts. I did buy the little guy from an east coast breeder Tortoise Town in NJ. I haven't called him to let him know the diagnosis. I guess I saw no point. Money isn't the issue. It's the little guys life. I hate to see the little guy so fragile and having trouble even trying to bite a lettuce leaf. Ugh. Thank for the encouragement.
I've heard nothing but bad things from Tortoise Town. Before I got my baby, I did a lot of research and even looked at their website and found out that they're located a few miles from me! I was excited to go and check out the company and so I drove down there and there was no such company. Ironically in that strip mall was a US Postal Service. I should have known better because my state of NJ does not allow the selling of turtles/tortoises. Anyhow, I did find a great breeder in @Elohi and I couldn't be happier with my little peanut LERATO. She's a big ball of joy!

Attachments

• 20180810_141954.jpg
    20180810_141954.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180810_145811.jpg
    20180810_145811.jpg
    798.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180813_162127.jpg
    20180813_162127.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180813_162552.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10