TFO Anniversary Meet-up for the East Coast??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
So I've noticed that there are anniversay meet ups planned for the mid west, Arizona, and California....but living in Boston, I can't help but feel a little left out!! :(

Can we possibly plan something for the East Coast? Are there enough TFO members on the East Coast to bother?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Count me in:D come on all you East Coasters let put one together :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I feel ya there, I wish there were more members around this crappy state of Indiana... :(

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
sounds good to me not to many people on here from delaware.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I would love to go to one, but it would have to be in Florida, lol.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Let's do it guys and girls! East coast meetup woooo!!
Not to be selfish or lazy but I'd say NYC is pretty central, you have options for transportation, accommodations, and not only a TFO meetup but you can also get some nice NYC tourism in!

Wherever it may be, we could try planning it on the same weekend as a reptile expo, that would be fun to check out together.

The next big NY ones being held in White Plains, Westchester county center are
January 8, 2012
April 22, 2012
July 8, 2012
Sept. 9, 2012...

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Great idea! We can all crash at Pete's house! Yay Pete! You're the man! Everybody got that?.. PARTY AT PETE'S PLACE!!! Just kidding, Pete. I do love the idea though! :)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
HAHA I can probably fit about one and half people in my apartment lol. that's including me.

but the LI house is open for guests!

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I'd offer my place but my neighbors never got over the last get together I hosted a open get together for a Few members of a motorcycle forum... It went from about 10 confirmed couples...so brought a few steaks hotdogs and a few cases of beer.. Ended up with 87 people(some came as far as FLA)..63 motorcycles... a police detail.. And tents and sleeping bags all over the back yard and front lawn....a peaceful good time...made some close friends...but the neighbors Hated me for a while...

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I don't know, Hector. I have a gut feeling that Turtle/Tortoise keepers don't quite party as hard as motorcyclists!... But ya never know! ;)

Tony the tank said:
I'd offer my place but my neighbors never got over the last get together I hosted a open get together for a Few members of a motorcycle forum... It went from about 10 confirmed couples...so brought a few steaks hotdogs and a few cases of beer.. Ended up with 87 people(some came as far as FLA)..63 motorcycles... a police detail.. And tents and sleeping bags all over the back yard and front lawn....a peaceful good time...made some close friends...but the neighbors Hated me for a while...

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
pdrobber said:
Not to be selfish or lazy but I'd say NYC is pretty central, you have options for transportation, accommodations, and not only a TFO meetup but you can also get some nice NYC tourism in!

Wherever it may be, we could try planning it on the same weekend as a reptile expo, that would be fun to check out together.

January 8, 2012
April 22, 2012
July 8, 2012
Sept. 9, 2012...

Great idea, let's do it!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pokeymeg said:
pdrobber said:

January 8, 2012
April 22, 2012
July 8, 2012
Sept. 9, 2012...

Great idea, let's do it!!

Very interesting :) I really like the idea!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
We have a lot of places here in Florida that tourist love to visit also! We have the mouse, beaches, and warm weather still, lol :D What can I say, I gotta try!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
We have rats in NYC! ;)

drgnfly2265 said:
We have a lot of places here in Florida that tourist love to visit also! We have the mouse, beaches, and warm weather still, lol :D What can I say, I gotta try!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
drgnfly2265 said:

Just shoot down 95 North and you will be in NYC in no time :D

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Come on everybody enter your east coast bids for location for a meetup! NYC, Boston, FL, D.C. so far... However I think Florida could be it's own thing entirely, not just for East Coast...there's a few members in FL, maybe a Great Florida TFO Tour or something haha...would love to check out Greg (Aldabraman)'s place in person, that is, of course, IF we would be welcomed guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.