Tcvm on turtles?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
No.
And I don't recall ever reading about it.
What medication and as a preventative for what?
Well you need to know HOW Chinese medicine works that will answer your question.... and by me asking on here if anybody has seen tcvm used in Turtles would help me greatly tcvm can be used for mini symptoms and problems in general with health and are amazing I've used them on all my animals haven't tried them on the turtle yet

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I dont believe in treating for something that isnt there. To me that's just giving an animal or if you do it to a person, crap into their system they dont need.
Why treat something that isnt there?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Chinese Medicine developed over thousands of years of studying and standardizing the effects of plant and animal components on human health (before that, people the world over certainly used their foods as 'medicines').

Veterinarians have been using TCM with great success in pet mammals across a great range of species. I have kept many elderly and congenitally challenged mammals healthy and vigorous far longer than generally expected with TCM. Most mammals having similarities in their physiological structure and function, so this is not surprising.

Do diagnostic parameters like pulse, tongue qualities, and heat/energy distribution/motion mean the same thing in reptiles that they do in mammals (and are they even realistically possible to measure in the first place)? The great number of synthetic drugs that are ineffective, or even toxic in reptiles should make us at least cautious about using patent Chinese medicines in them casually (although plant and animal ingredients are what reptiles eat).

Reptiles are significantly different, and medical staff who work with reptiles successfully in regards to so-called Western diagnostics, surgery, and synthetic drugs have certain specialized education and techniques.

So you are looking for the ven diagram of veterinarians who have had proper specialized education and experience in both reptiles and TCM. I think this population is going to be quite small. I have not met one.

If you have the time and inclination, you might call offices found through these listings:

Or see if a practice such as this one is able to give you the name of a practitioner in your area (I have no personal knowledge of or experience with this practice):

G'luck and report back what you find!

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I dont believe in treating for something that isnt there. To me that's just giving an animal or if you do it to a person, crap into their system they dont need.
Why treat something that isnt there?
Here's a good example food is used as medicine as well through food therapy you can look it up Chinese medicine is used in similar ways it treats the root of the problem and not necessarily even a problem but just promotes good health in general but if you knew more about Chinese medicine you would understand why I asked that question it's not about any particular problem I was just looking for somebody that might have had an experience with this with their Turtles wasn't giving anybody a hard time

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Here's a good example food is used as medicine as well through food therapy you can look it up Chinese medicine is used in similar ways it treats the root of the problem and not necessarily even a problem but just promotes good health in general but if you knew more about Chinese medicine you would understand why I asked that question it's not about any particular problem I was just looking for somebody that might have had an experience with this with their Turtles wasn't giving anybody a hard time
Didnt think you were giving anyone a hard time. Food as therapy is one thing and very different from giving medicines/drugs.
Example, I dont treat for worms or parasites in any of my animals unless they have them. I know a lot of people that treat yearly or every so often just because. Feeding a dog or another animal certain foods because it has food allergies is not the same as giving it drugs for the same allergy. I would choose the food over the drugs if possible and if it worked. As for the Chinese, no I dont read up on that and have no interest.
I just dont believe in treating for something that is not there. Maybe i am totally misunderstanding what you are asking, but that's okay. We dont have to agree and that's okay to.
Now if you want to go further into detail what you know, I might be interested.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Didnt think you were giving anyone a hard time. Food as therapy is one thing and very different from giving medicines/drugs.
Example, I dont treat for worms or parasites in any of my animals unless they have them. I know a lot of people that treat yearly or every so often just because. Feeding a dog or another animal certain foods because it has food allergies is not the same as giving it drugs for the same allergy. I would choose the food over the drugs if possible and if it worked. As for the Chinese, no I dont read up on that and have no interest.
I just dont believe in treating for something that is not there. Maybe i am totally misunderstanding what you are asking, but that's okay. We dont have to agree and that's okay to.
Now if you want to go further into detail what you know, I might be interested.
I was just reaching out for anybody that might have had an experience with this. That's about it in a nutshell I've had experience with TCM and with my other animals but not turtles so I thought I would ask the question