supervised turtle swim

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
I let my turtles have a nice swim today as the temps were pretty hot. i kept the water cool but not icey cold. I put Ilene on the rock bc I thought she was tired, but she decided to get back in and swim. As you can see, she does just fine with 3 legs!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. Love watching them swim. I think you need a couple more rocks. Ilene didn't want it but those other two sure did.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
actually i put them up there( during the video) and they all kept jumping off. I didn't have them in there for very long. i took them all out soon after this video. I know it was a workout for them, and i didn't want to keep them in there for very long. once 2 of them had pooped, i figured time was up. Next time i won't fill it as full.

Last edited:

Rue

Canada
Neat! Ilene is a trooper! :)

No turtle swimming for me...but I just finished bathing dogs...close enough! ;)

Actually. ..I should go soak Goose while I am in water mode...

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I let my turtles have a nice swim today as the temps were pretty hot. i kept the water cool but not icey cold. I put Ilene on the rock bc I thought she was tired, but she decided to get back in and swim. As you can see, she does just fine with 3 legs!

A lovely video.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia

They swim like me. Arms and legs flailing but going nowhere!

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Just curious, if you have municipal water do you use dechlorinator in the water?