Sulcata photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

guillaume

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
your tortoises are beautiful !! :D , i'm gonna get a sulcata this sunday !! i cant wait !!

morloch

5 Year Member
I'm loving all these pics!! Here's Morloch as a baby and at 1 yr old,wow,,, they all have such a personality!!

Attachments

• image-940331100.png
    image-940331100.png
    759.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image-4035258663.png
    image-4035258663.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 51

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
morloch said:
I'm loving all these pics!! Here's Morloch as a baby and at 1 yr old,wow,,, they all have such a personality!!

Aww he's so cute! I can't wait until Oogway gets bigger

morloch

5 Year Member
Lol, they grow quickly! Faster than I thought ,,,now I'm walking the dog and my tort!!!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
morloch said:
Lol, they grow quickly! Faster than I thought ,,,now I'm walking the dog and my tort!!!

Haha how big is he now?

poison said:
thank you :) but you made one mistake im not a she lol

Oops sorry, my apologies ; )

poison

5 Year Member
Atra42o said:
morloch said:

Haha how big is he now?

wait what? i thought you were calling me a she lol my tort is a she. and shes about 5-6

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
poison said:
wait what? i thought you were calling me a she lol my tort is a she. and shes about 5-6

Wow I'm getting everything wrong tonight lol oops sorry guys

poison said:

Oh, wait... I was talking about u when I said "she has a beautiful tortoise..." but I was talking to morloch when I asked how big he was... I already read up on ur baby ; ) lol but I promise not to call u a "she" anymore lol

morloch

5 Year Member
Wow your tort is gorgeous!! Love the markings!!! Morloch is about 5-6 inches, but I need to weigh him again, I will tomorrow, I don't want to wake him now, last time I weighed him , was in June, almost 300 grams,,going to have to move soon!!! Lol I would love to see more pics of yours when he's older!! Just beautiful!!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
morloch said:
Wow your tort is gorgeous!! Love the markings!!! Morloch is about 5-6 inches, but I need to weigh him again, I will tomorrow, I don't want to wake him now, last time I weighed him , was in June, almost 300 grams,,going to have to move soon!!! Lol I would love to see more pics of yours when he's older!! Just beautiful!!

Aww thank u very much! Yours is beautiful as well... I'm pretty proud of him, I show pics to everyone like he's one of my kids lol... He was a bit of a surprise, I've researched them in the past and have always wanted to own one, but never did. I was at Petco getting crickets for my frogs and right before I got there, someone dropped him off and said that they found him in their backyard in BALTIMORE! lol I have no clue how he got there, but I'm so glad I was in the right place at the right time =) I haven't weighed him yet, but his plastron is 2 1/4"... I've only had him 4 weeks, but I will keep u updated, I'd like to see how ur little guy grows too... When do they usually start showing growth, mine has grown 1/4" already, but u can't really tell yet... He looked very similar to mine when he was little, but I guess they all do lol... Do u know his sex yet? Where r u located?

morloch

5 Year Member
I'm in Canada , near Toronto . And you? Morloch is still too young to tell, but people are guessing he's a male, but I dont care, I love him or her regardless! I always say him though, lol, motherly instinct maybe, 😊, what r u keeping yours in? Sorry if I missed any pics on that! Is your little one indoors or outdoors?

morloch

5 Year Member
I'm having major issues with this app in my iPhone , so I apologizs if I'm not responding back, I ll have to wait till my laptop is up and running

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Anyone else having this problem? It only happens in the Sulcata section =\

image-1455614716.png

I haven been able to view an entire thread in here since last night

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
morloch said:
I'm having major issues with this app in my iPhone , so I apologizs if I'm not responding back, I ll have to wait till my laptop is up and running

I'm having the same problems w/my iPhone... Just respond when u can... If. U get this and I will do the same

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Here is tatsu enjoyin his mud hole i fill every morning

Attachments

• IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 75

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
mary t said:
View attachment 25130

This is Willie.. 7 next month, 19 pounds not sure of length but it's a 16 in birdbath.. I have had him sine lat November

He's beautiful!

Kenazfehu said:
neenyo.jpg

Neenyo wearing his tortoise locator device (and no - I don't leave him and the dog unsupervised).
mysnack.jpg

Neenyo thinks my snack looks really good on the other side of the glass (I moved it).
Ninasleeping.jpg

Shhhhhhhhh; he's sleeping!

Neenyo is between 3 and 4 years old, 10 inches long, and weighs about 7-1/2 pounds. He was badly pyramided when he was abandoned here because his prior owner thought he needed no water or humidity at all, that he would get all the moisture he needed from food. He never got soaks - nothing. The first time I put a water dish into the poor baby's enclosure, he practically did a nose dive getting into it; I kid you not.

Hahaha. Awww. That's too cute!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
His pyramiding is gonna get worse if you keep feeding him fruit! At 10 inches, you can curb it, by keeping him in more humid conditions, hiking up the heat a bit...and giving him a diet that DOESN'T include fruit :tort:

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
leonardo the tmnt said:
I have seen some treads asking to post leopard and Russian photos but I want to see sulcata so let's see them please post picks of your sulcatas

Here's mine whit some pyramiding not my fault do

You shouldn't keep your Sulcata on hay. It doesn't hold moisture when it's wet and gets moldy when it does get wet. You need a substrate that holds moisture like coco coir, even simple potting soil (with no plant food or anything else in it) would be way better than hay. Sulcatas, especially babies need warm, humid living conditions to prevent pyramiding. Once you change his substrate, make a hide out of a plastic tupperware dish. Flip it upside down, cut a doorway in it, and bury the edges into the soil. Make sure it stay very warm and humid too. This will prevent further pyramiding, along with a light with high UVB...a straight one, not a curly one.

image-3917782851.png

Attachments

• image-3411268078.png
    image-3411268078.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • image-3643812986.png
    image-3643812986.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image-1544586311.png
    image-1544586311.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • image-3577414713.png