Ivory Sulcata Photos and New Addition

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey everyone,

A few weeks back I posted in the introduction section of the forum, showed you a few shots of my sulcatas.

Here's some more photos of my ivory Sulcata taken today. He has some slight pyramiding from when he was young, but his new growth is coming in great.

His eyes are a very deep, ruby red in person - but the camera never really picks it up. He's almost 5 years old, and weighs in at around 25 or so pounds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094431.843241.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094444.040113.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094454.393018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094464.939935.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094474.390492.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094482.607824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094490.023372.jpg

Here's a photo of one of my new females, unlike my big sulcatas that make just about 1.4 acres of my yard their home, she lives in my tortoise pen. I've had her just over two weeks. She was quarantined outdoors in a designated quarantine-only pen, and has been moved in with my other small sulcatas as of today; until she's big enough to roam the yard. More photos of pens and smaller sulcatas to come.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409094635.390002.jpg

She's got some real nice, light colors - still a normal but great color traits.

Thanks everyone.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Ugh! I can't stand ivories ;) Welcome! Funny thing! I've NEVER seen the ruby color. My first Ivory, Aladar, had hazel eyes...just like me! All the hatchling ivories (including the ITs) had/have brown eyes...keep the photos coming. Curious to see how the growth comes along!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Both very nice. I do like the females coloring. I wonder though, was she kept mostly indoors do,you know? She will probably even out with living outside more. Will be interesting to see.

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
Ugh! I can't stand ivories ;) Welcome! Funny thing! I've NEVER seen the ruby color. My first Ivory, Aladar, had hazel eyes...just like me! All the hatchling ivories (including the ITs) had/have brown eyes...keep the photos coming. Curious to see how the growth comes along!
Thanks @DeanS , haha I've seen your ivory posts - truly amazing sulcatas you have. I'll try to get some good pics of the ruby coloration with a better camera. It's a real dark, ruby red - I've seen a handful of ivories with it but as you stated, most I see are near hazel, or brown. Either way they're great looking!

Both very nice. I do like the females coloring. I wonder though, was she kept mostly indoors do,you know? She will probably even out with living outside more. Will be interesting to see.
Pretty sure she was housed indoors. Another I got from the same individual (he didn't raise them himself), is smaller and has more pyramiding than this female pictured above. Hopefully it will improve as the tort grows, but I guess we'll see.

The female I raised outdoors myself has a great shell, high humidity does the trick!