Sulcata or Leopard Tortoise???

Tortoise Man

Hi. I am looking to buy another tortoise. I already have a sulcata and a leopard. I CANNOT decided whether to buy another sulcata or another leopard. They are all separated so I'm not just buying one just so they aren't lonely. Please post which one you would buy! Thanks!!!

Tortoise Man

Hi. I am looking to buy another tortoise. I already have a sulcata and a leopard. I CANNOT decided whether to buy another sulcata or another leopard. They are all separated so I'm not just buying one just so they aren't lonely. Please post which one you would buy! Thanks!!!;):tort:

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thailand
In my opinion I would go for a leopard tortoise just because of there beautiful coloration and they don't get as big as a sulcata tortoise. You could maybe try getting a redfoot tortoise they are great fun!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I agree with what came above: leopard torts have a wonderful colour. Good luck.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Crikey!
I'd like to but one of each, but then I don't have either species to begin with.
If I were in your position and could separate them all, I think i'd go for the leopard.
Or the sulcata.
Have a look at some of both species and see which one you fall in love with!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh dear, I seem to have replied to this on the duplicate thread.
So now I say sulcata, as the others are going leopard and a) I like to be contrary and b) i'm feeling sorry for the unloved sulcatas of this world.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Get a South African leopard and have the best of both worlds. Big, friendly and outgoing, but not giant and destructive.