Sulcata Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Wanted, any large Sulcatas in Arizona. I don't want to buy them or pay any fees. If you have a Sulcata that has out grown your yard and needs a good home, I have a block fenced acre with grass and native tortoise food plants. I can properly care for the largest of them.
Thanks Karl
[email protected]

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am impressed by an acre of block fence. That is a lot of block. Sorry I don't have a tort for you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just FYI check craigslist, or do like I do and post on CL in the pet section offering to take in any unwanted sullies. If it is anything like california you will probably get more inquires then you can handle.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks, I do patrol CL.
I should clarify on the fence, the front yard is not fenced but more than 2/3 of an acre is fenced. And the dirt is hard enough it would take weeks for a Sulcata to dig out.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
motero said:
Thanks, I do patrol CL.
I should clarify on the fence, the front yard is not fenced but more than 2/3 of an acre is fenced. And the dirt is hard enough it would take weeks for a Sulcata to dig out.

Ha! That's what you think!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
motero said:
Thanks, I do patrol CL.

you'd be very surprised indeed how quickly a sulcata can dig through our caleche "soil".

teri

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Edward 75 lbs has only been able to enlarge his burrow, when I have softened the dirt with water. Other than that he digs and digs and only wears his claws down to nubs. He actually chipped a section off one. Thanks for your concern.

R

racyhall11

Generally it is found in northern Africa on the fringes of the Sahara Desert. Normal sulcata tortoise specimens are pale tan or straw-colored, Sulcata African Spurred Tortoises measuring 11 and 13 inches. Many other ornamental plants are safe for it to eat.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
...you've been BANNED! For real!

Status
Not open for further replies.