Substrate Help ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos83

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fontana CA
So I go to home depot so many different soils I just got confused with all the different brands. .Can anybody post pictures of the safe soils and coconut coir ???please would really appreciate it ! ! :shy:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I only use coconut coir. I don't think home depot carries it. However, you can get it in most pet stores and probably cheaper online or eBay. I don't have a picture to show you. I bought mine on eBay and they came packed like bricks. As for the soil. Any organic dirt should be fine

Carlos83

5 Year Member
Fontana CA
What tops soils are safe can you post a picture .....What about top soils that don't smell bad ?????

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cee83 said:
What about top soils that don't smell bad ?????

If it is organic, it should be fine. Just make sure there is no fertilizers, weed preventers, etc in it.

richellesworld said:
This is what I found at petsmart...

Your pic didn't show up:(

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Earth Gro top soil seems to be widely available. It is mostly just soil with a little bit of compost in it, no fertilizer. I like that and Miracle Gro Organic Potting Mix OR Miracle Gro Organic Garden Soil. Both of these choices are mostly compost with not much mineral content.

The 12 nightcrawlers I recently introduced into a mix of the three above soils give it their seal of approval: they are working on producing new little worms as I type:)

Status
Not open for further replies.