Sri Stars, Manouria, Cherryhead, Sulcata, and Greek baby tortoises - pic heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Sri Stars

KristinasPictures019.jpg

"Female" 5 months old

KristinasPictures018.jpg

KristinasPictures022.jpg

KristinasPictures014.jpg

"Male" 1 month old

KristinasPictures017.jpg

KristinasPictures015.jpg

KristinasPictures016.jpg

Jordanian/Antakyan Greek

KristinasPictures007.jpg

She is 10 months old, the Sully is 5 months

KristinasPictures008.jpg

Sulcata babies, both 5 months old

KristinasPictures021.jpg

KristinasPictures020.jpg

"Black Cherry" Redfoot, 11 months old

KristinasPictures009.jpg

KristinasPictures011.jpg

KristinasPictures010.jpg

Manouria emys emys, 8 months old

KristinasPictures012.jpg

KristinasPictures013.jpg

Oh, yeah... Goes without saying, I found my camera cord :D Turtle and enclosure pics coming tomorrow! Well, as long as I keep track of this cord....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Everyone is looking good Kristina. Little black Cherry....my favorite. If only I had more time, and more room. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Beautiful! You're doing a good job with the sulcatas pyramid-wise!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks Terry :) I am sure I will end up with more at some point, but I have to wait myself until we move. Fingers crossed I get the property I want...

emysemys said:
Beautiful! You're doing a good job with the sulcatas pyramid-wise!

Thanks! They look good, but not perfect by far. Tom's are definitely smoother. But, I have to say I am pleased. I tried to take a more minimalist approach as far as spraying them went, to see what would happen. I was only spraying once or twice a week. Now I am back to once a day, and it seems to be going well.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Wow Kristina...those are beautiful. Can't wait to see the enclosure pics tomorrow and then I am really going to be jealous.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks guys ;) I am most proud of those Stars. I have to brag, seriously, how many CB Stars look that awesome? ;)

That and I can't express how happy I am to have my Manouria finally!!!

TortBrain

5 Year Member
Wow. Your stars looks huge at 5mths old. Care to share their size n weight?
Nice tort family:D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I will for sure get updated weights and measures once they are up in the morning ;) They have been growing very very well for me.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Wow they all look awesome I love your Manouria's :)

PS here's a tip for your camera cord keep it right near your computer you will never loss it again :p

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks everyone. And Corey, that doesn't work for me because I have a laptop and I don't have internet at home, so I take my things with me and sometimes misplace them between work and home. Good suggestion though.

Okay, as far as the Stars - The five month old is 64.6g and 2 1/4" SCL. The one month old is 34.6g and 1 3/4" SCL.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Kristina said:
Thanks everyone. And Corey, that doesn't work for me because I have a laptop and I don't have internet at home, so I take my things with me and sometimes misplace them between work and home. Good suggestion though.

Okay, as far as the Stars - The five month old is 64.6g and 2 1/4" SCL. The one month old is 34.6g and 1 3/4" SCL.

I've been there that's why I dont take them away from the computer :p I would loss the head if was not attached to me:)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Kristina said:
Thanks guys ;) I am most proud of those Stars. I have to brag, seriously, how many CB Stars look that awesome? ;)

I don't know Kristina, I mean they look great and all...but I think you and I might have to have an official smooth sri star contest. :p

But seriously though, great job with them.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Holy smooth babies! They are stunning :D
Love the baby Star...tiny little button :)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Ok now I want to se your enclosures and hides. Beautiful torts you have there :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks all, I am really quite proud of them. I have made mistakes but all in all they are a great looking bunch of babies :D

My enclosures for the babies are really basic. 20 gallon aquariums with top soil substrate, covered with a thin layer of sphagnum. I wet it down once a week. The hides are terra cotta flower pots on their side and half buried and stuffed with sphagnum. I spray the babies and the hides once a day. The baby Sulcatas' hide is a large Gladware container with a hole cut in the side.

I am in the process of building outdoor enclosures for the babies with locking lids, very similar to what Onarock (Paul) posted pics of last night. They aren't going to contain any hides, just loose soil and plants that they can bury themselves in.

I built a new enclosure for the Hingebacks and have some "grazing boxes" for the babies that I will take pics of tomorrow. I was going to do it today but got busy with other things ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.