Squirts new home

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
This is looking really cute. What kind and size of tortoise is it for?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice. He can truly be king of his castle! Are you putting plexiglass across the front?

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
It's beautiful, but maybe you could remove the roof of the castle? Tortoises want an enclosure with a lot of space to roam and a few small hides. The big dark castle looks cute, but it's not useful for Squirt and the enclosure looks quite small, so it would be better to make use of that space.

kellieA113

Street, Somerset, UK
The top comes off so I can clean it and get se light it's mainly a bed area he's a hermans tortoise so he's only small and it's a big table bigger than the one he's in now

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Haha very cute castle! :D I call my house "the tortoise castle" because our Russian is so spoiled! Looks good so far!

cuco de cuba

5 Year Member
A beautiful castle fit for a king or queen tort. Would love to see a Bowsers castle theme

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's coming along nicely. How big is squirt?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That is a very cool looking enclosure.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
That substrate needs moisture. It's too dry. Easy quick fix there.

The raised area the castle is on, the balcony, is that area all accessible to your tortoise? Make sure he can't get stuck.

It's a very cute design, but not space efficient. About 1/3 of the bottom floor space is wasted as a closed box. Can you make an opening into it so he has that area as a hide, too? The raised area isn't additional space at present. Something else to think about.

kellieA113

Street, Somerset, UK
I have had 3 people ask me the same thing
To start with I would never build a small cage for my tortoise and have allowed growing room.
The box the castle is on is a draw for all squirts food and stuff so it's in one place.
Overall the new table is nearly double the size of his current one so I don't know why I need to leave more room when he's getting it anyway!!
Also the photo of squirt was a month ago and just before I changed the table substrate

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Without a picture of squirt in the habitat it's not possible to tell how much room he's actually got.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Squirt is super adorable!! I just know he's going to love his new castle home! :tort: