sounds stupid but help!

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hi... again,
So i changed the soil last night in spuds enclosure and he walked around as usual and face planted in his water bowel as usual. Then he climbed out and got all muddy... as usual but this time he fell asleep all muddy and i was bathing him today and got a cotton bud and gently tried to clean him but the mud is stuck on his head where it has dried because he sleeps under the heat lamp o_O how will i get it off? he looks like he has mud for a head!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
You soak him every day? I pour a bit over mine to wet there shell. I make sure I douse their head too.

Question: why Is he face planting? You're using a terracotta pot saucer right? Dug into the dirt?

Last edited by a moderator:

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
You soak him every day? I pour a bit over mine to wet there shell. I make sure I douse their head too.

Question: why Is he fave planting? You're using a terracotta pot saucer right? Dug into the dirt?
I'm using one if those reptile bowls. It's sunk into the ground and he sort of just slides in. It's the same depth as a terracotta dish. He has no trouble getting out though. I soak him daily,yes

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Mine don't nose dive. Im wondering why yours does. If you get rid of that problem the other goes away. Mine are babies too. I wonder if it's the slanted sides the terracotta saucers have.?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I'm beginning to think spuds suicidal o_O he climbs up high and nose dives off of it. His favourite place to do this is his log. Once I saw him up there, went to get a drink and found him in hand stand position with his head in the substrate...

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
If it were me i would be getting a terracotta dish , If your little one is nose diving in the bowl, the sides aren't slanted enough. Babies can drown in those type bowls. If he/she were to land on his / her back. It scares me. Good Luck to you and yours. :)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
No, he is getting better... I think he got onto his side last time. He is 6cm so still quite tiny

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
well anyway I bet the problem goes away if you make it so he doesn't nose dive into the water dish anymore by using one of those terracotta dishes