soft bottom shell...one more question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot Micah

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
So our little Strawberry was doing better, then yesterday the middle line on her bottom shell is suddenly more "pliable" PLEASE tell me that's because she's growing or something positive? It doesn't look different, and around the middle line is not as soft. Thoughts???

arotester

5 Year Member
how old is strawberry? becoz young torts have soft shells and plastron and it becomes harder and harder as they grow. You are saying that there is no signs of discoloration or weird color at that place so i think it's normal softness that baby tort's shell have :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I'd also like to know the age and size of your tort. If it's 1-12 months old, that plastron should feel springy but it should not feel like soft leather. If it's firm but springy, it's fine. Stop pressing it and keep doing whatever you're doing.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Is the shell looking like it is becoming more transparent?

When one of my babies was becoming sick his plastron was super paper thin and was almost transparent.

Redfoot Micah

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Strawberry is 7 months old, and just under 2.5 inches. No, the shell is not becoming transparent - thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate all your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.