Should I be concerned??

Emily7tortoises

Location (City and/or State)
Palistine
I have 3 adult tortoises 2 female and one male.the female are noticeabley bigger than the male and none are the same species. Well yesterday i put them three in a tank smaller than the older one so we could clean it. I left them there for a day and when i came to return them in the morning. Isee them mating ALL OF THEM. TOGETHER and the male was being aggressive. And i don't think the females want that as they where trying to escape. Should I stop him?? 😭

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I have 3 adult tortoises 2 female and one male.the female are noticeabley bigger than the male and none are the same species. Well yesterday i put them three in a tank smaller than the older one so we could clean it. I left them there for a day and when i came to return them in the morning. Isee them mating ALL OF THEM. TOGETHER and the male was being aggressive. And i don't think the females want that as they where trying to escape. Should I stop him?? 😭
Yes, put him in a separate box. Better not to mix species, as well.

When you done with cleaning the larger tank - put the bigger female there, other in the smaller tank. And you need something for the male. He will try to mate, sometimes injuring the females. And two females won't be peacefully living together - one will constantly bully the other. If you can make a space outdoors for each of them - that would be the best solution, I think.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Never mix species and don't put them together in a small box they can't get away from the bullying/mating.
They should not be housed together as different species and never house in pairs.