Sheliford update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
Ok so I have had my baby sulacta for two months now. Not sure of his exact dob but he is about 3 or 4 months old. He is eating great and growing. I thought he might have a RI last month but no more bubbles and he seems fine. He was 50 grams last month and today he weighed in at 81 grams. I don't see any pyramiding but not sure if it would show up yet. I am keeping his enclosure wet and I give him two baths a day so hopefully there won't be any pyramiding. Anyway here are a couple pics of my handsome guy :)

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 95

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He is very handsome. Yes, most likely if there were pyramiding, it would have showed up by now. Keep doing what your doing and hopefully he will stay nice and smooth:)

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
wellington said:
He is very handsome. Yes, most likely if there were pyramiding, it would have showed up by now. Keep doing what your doing and hopefully he will stay nice and smooth:)

Thank you :)

mctlong said:
He's looking good. Love the name. :)

Thanks, my husband came up with the name :)

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Aww I remember when Chomper was that tiny... That was only about 2 months ago. They grow so fast!

image-3664303271.png

Heres a pic of him!

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
omgdoubletacos said:
Aww I remember when Chomper was that tiny... That was only about 2 months ago. They grow so fast!

View attachment 37390

Heres a pic of him!

He is a cutie :) He still looks small, I guess at least compared to what he will get. And he looks very smooth. Good job :)

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Lol hes grown a good bit since I got him in October. And thanks! I caught his pyramiding just in time his old owner kept him dry and on paper towels. But thanks to a lot of the members here I got some great advice and got him on the right track.

You can see the pyramiding he had on my profile pic. That was taken a couple weeks after picking him up

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
omgdoubletacos said:
Lol hes grown a good bit since I got him in October. And thanks! I caught his pyramiding just in time his old owner kept him dry and on paper towels. But thanks to a lot of the members here I got some great advice and got him on the right track.

You can see the pyramiding he had on my profile pic. That was taken a couple weeks after picking him up

Glad you caught it. Yeah the members here have definitely helped me out.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Me too! Got him off Craigslist. There was another a few weeks ago, but the lady selling him wanted too much for me to afford. Wanted $150 for just the tort. I could get one from the pet store for that. I was so sad I couldn't get him.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
omgdoubletacos said:
Me too! Got him off Craigslist. There was another a few weeks ago, but the lady selling him wanted too much for me to afford. Wanted $150 for just the tort. I could get one from the pet store for that. I was so sad I couldn't get him.

I got mine from tortoise supply. I think they are good breeders. Are you sure you want another one? You know your not supposed to keep them in pairs right? I think one is enough for me. Love him but he takes work and eventually a lot of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.