Sex of Sulcata

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sulphur, LA
I wouldn't. They could do more harm than good even though they say exotic vet, doesn't mean they know tortoises
Soak her daily for a couple weeks. Have camera ready to snap a pic next time it happens.
Ok I got some video clips of her prolapse or whatever poking out like you asked! It's 2 separate clips in one.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Yep, looks like flashing to me.
Male.
When I was looking up prolapse, it looked more red. This looks more pink.

You think sex was confusing due to her shell issues? Not growing how she should...

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Yep, looks like flashing to me.
Male.
Maybe she's both!
Yeah we are going back and forth....She has no other male attributes (I mean idk and I guess the male part would be the deal breaker) lol. Like I said I'd rather Her be a He then have a prolapse. Poor girl/boy... 🤷‍♀️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When I was looking up prolapse, it looked more red. This looks more pink.

You think sex was confusing due to her shell issues? Not growing how she should...
Yes. I think he is slow to mature because of his past care. The same as my leopard that had all signs of female until he got the right care and she matured and caught up to where she should have been and that's when his maleness showed up.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Yes. I think he is slow to mature because of his past care. The same as my leopard that had all signs of female until he got the right care and she matured and caught up to where she should have been and that's when his maleness showed up.

Oh Wow!

Well if she is in fact a boy....now what am I going to name her? Stinky????

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Who owns this site? I was making a banner and I just want to make sure it's ok with him/her/them.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Okay this will be my last photo because I guess that this one will decide the sex of my tortoise. I cropped the poop out of it lol.Screenshot_20240311-235959_Gallery.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At the start of this thread, seeing the picture of the anal scutes (looking female) But then seeing where on the tail thecloaca is, I said (to myself) male, because the cloaca is away from the body, not close to the body. Of course, now that we actually see the penis, we can say definitely MALE!

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
At the start of this thread, seeing the picture of the anal scutes (looking female) But then seeing where on the tail thecloaca is, I said (to myself) male, because the cloaca is away from the body, not close to the body. Of course, now that we actually see the penis, we can say definitely MALE!

I know I've thought the same thing for quite a while now. To my untrained eye, there were no other obvious signs that I would have know. Can't argue with this though!! He likes to remind me that he's a boy.....a lot :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know I've thought the same thing for quite a while now. To my untrained eye, there were no other obvious signs that I would have know. Can't argue with this though!! He likes to remind me that he's a boy.....a lot :rolleyes:
They do that, but he will stop exposing so much after awhile.