Senior dog & hard wood floors

waitmanff

5 Year Member
We have recently moved and our new house has hard wood floors (which I love) but my older dog is having such a hard time! -I have rugs down but he still is having a hard time! And yes I have tried dog booties!

Any suggestions???

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
If you buy Infant/ Toddler's socks, they will usually have grip things on the bottom.. That worked for me!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have no suggestions but I'm interested in hearing. I have a dog that is 12.5 years old and I have hardwood floors. For some reason though, she seems to prefer to lay on the hardwood as opposed to the area rug.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If the socks do t work. Lay rugs in the walking path he normally takes. Be sure to lay the rug gripper under them.

waitmanff

5 Year Member
Thanks!! I will try these! I just feel.so bad! I have rugs everywhere and he still slips :(

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
http://www.showdogstore.com/bio-groom-show-foot.aspx
You can try this product. Also sold on Amazon where you can read the reviews first.
For a quick substutute, dip your dog's paws in a saucer of soft drink. Cola or uncola if you prefer. Let it dry to a tackiness that will help your dog's traction.
Depending on what kind of dog, too, make sure any overly long hair in between pads is clipped.
Your dog may simply have very dry footpads. A bit of moistening may help. Just use a hand cream. Of course, avoid the creams with slippery silicone. The tackier the better.