seafood?

NoNo

Location (City and/or State)
Québec Canada
Hi All,

I wondered if it was possible to give seafood to our :<3::tort:?
Of course in reasonable quantity and from time to time.
For example raw fish, an oyster or a mold, tuna + shrimp (already in their menu) ... Dino has already eat raw pike and he has not even taken the time to taste it so much he liked it .. .
Of course if this does not pose a problem as food, this kind of food,I suppose, should be given occasionally (in small amount) and regarding the fish, check it does not ingest fish bones.

Thank you in advance for your advice and I hope I didn't ask a stupid question :confused:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm not sure about shell fish. I find that my reds will eat anything you offer them, regardless of safety, even if it was a plate of rocks.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I've given cooked shrimp, tuna, salmon, and sardines. Both my water turtle and tortoise love it. I personally would not risk raw fish.

Redfoot mom

Mine got into scraps of cooked trout after my dog got in the garbage. He was in heaven. Devoured it. Of course my husband had grabbed the tail out of his mouth and quickly removed all bones.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I like the idea of the sardines packed in water. I would try mine with some of that. Can't think why not.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I like the idea of the sardines packed in water. I would try mine with some of that. Can't think why not.

I've not found any tinned fish that weren't salted, even the water packed kind, and I wouldn't recommend using fish with added salt.

Frozen fish or shrimp thawed out or unsalted dried fish or shrimp (sold for pets) works well enough for me.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I've not found any tinned fish that weren't salted, even the water packed kind, and I wouldn't recommend using fish with added salt.

Frozen fish or shrimp thawed out or unsalted dried fish or shrimp (sold for pets) works well enough for me.
Right. Maybe the best thing if you are going to give them fish would be unsalted, lightly steamed trout. Hmmm.