Scutata Albino Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_2013

5 Year Member
My father gave me Scutata Albino.It is 5 years old so I want to breed them but I don't know how. Can you help me ?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Do you have pictures of your sulcata? Can't help you on the breeding but there is some people on here that can .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Since this is posted in "other pet talk" I'm hesitant to think that you have mis-spelled "sulcata", and calling it a turtle makes me think its NOT a sulcata.

We'll need to see pictures so we know what type of chelonian we are giving you help with.

jeff_2013

5 Year Member
THe Type is simensi this is the picture ImageUploadedByTortForum1376914189.305968.jpgdv

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you have a male and a female?

I suggest you send a PM to gerards. He's very knowledgeable about water turtles.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Wow, pretty rare turtle around here. It seems there is some dispute as to whether this is it's own species, or a subspecies of Lissemys punctata. I think an albino would be very scarce. Go on bing or google and type in breeding lissemys punctata or breeding indian flapshell turtles.This might help you. At least your climate is perfect for these.

jeff_2013

5 Year Member
Yes, the climate is good for this kind of turtle. I live in indonesia

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
One of my favorite species, and a real joy to keep. Have seen a couple albinos and I hope you are successful. They're a pretty easy species to keep, incubation as been a real issue for some reason. Email me and I'll share some pictures of my personal setups. [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.