Scared for my red foot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstwitch223

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
My red foot, Carlos, had been acting very weird. At first I thought there was a problem because she was constantly soaking, then I thought I was overreacting, but now I'm very concerned again. She started with soaking a lot during the day, but two days ago I saw her laying in it with all limbs and her head all the way out. Just now I went up to her enclosure and saw she was laying in her water with her head resting on the edge of the water dish and her eyes half way closed. I had my mom call the vet, and I looked for a fecal sample to bring, but there was none! She hasn't been pooping. I'm scared. I recently adopted a bearded dragon, and I'm wondering if he has a paracite? I have no idea. I didn't take as good of care of her as I should have for the first year I had her, but I have taken much more responsibility. I feel terrible if this is my fault, and I'm causing her possible pain.

Please tell me what you think. She has a vet appt tomorrow at 11.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well whats the enclosure temps at day and night? Also could the possibility of her ingesting something bad be an option? Whats her substrate, decorations, Hides, plants etc..?

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Okay, so almost the same thing happened to my baby Russian... I think... Can you give us some info? Like what type of lights you have, the substrate, indoors or outside, how big the enclosure is, how old your tort is, etc ( the more the better). Is it just dehydrated? When I soaked mine, she spreaded out a lot because she was drinking for such a long time (here are the pictures, if you want to compare: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-70346.html ). Is your bearded dragon acting the same way? If so, it might be a parasite, if not, then probably not. If you have any questions about it, don't be afraid to ask

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Is she eating? Is the water below the heat source? Are you housing the Dragon in the same enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.