Save my red foot tortoise!!!! before he also dies!!!

Rishi's redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
california
my other red foot tortoise died a day ago, and now my other one is not eating, eyes are swollen shut and is breathing deeply. They both were around 5 months old. What should I do? Please help somebody!

My3Tortoises

Ajloun,Jordan
Your tortoise needs urgently veterinary care. Also check if you have a proper setup for baby tortoises. All baby tortoises need very special care.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
There is NO INFORMATION for us to be able to provide help.
You need to get your remaining tortoise to a qualified vet ASAP and get us photos of everything you're using. And descriptions of the food. Temperature and humidity

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have given us nothing to work with. We need to know how the tortoise are living, in what type of enclosure, what substrate, what lights? What do you feed them. What is the temperature in the enclosure? Where did you get them? Give us as much information as you can about their living arrangements and your tortoise-keeping habits and we'll help you all we can. Pictures would also help us give you good information.

Rishi's redfoot

california
I have given him all sorts of food, lettuce, banana, papaya, dandelions, local grass (the grass that nuturally grows in my garden). I Gave a bunch of humidity (all day). I have got UVB light. I suspect my tortoise is sick. What should I do?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have given him all sorts of food, lettuce, banana, papaya, dandelions, local grass (the grass that nuturally grows in my garden). I Gave a bunch of humidity (all day). I have got UVB light. I suspect my tortoise is sick. What should I do?
We (i) want to help you.
But this information is very vague and not at all helpful.
Post photos of your enclosure and your equipment. Guessing what may or may not be going wrong isn't going to help.
Is there a veterinarian available?

Reactions: Ink

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you can't give more details like several members have asked for there is no way anyone can help you.
Panicking and not answering us correctly is not going to help your tortoise.
Give details, what are the temps, numbers not that it's correct. Humidity, percentage not that you give a lot of humidity. Type of bulbs and heat you are using, the exact type. Substrate exact. Post a picture of the enclosure and a few of the tortoise.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Why don't you try to post some pictures and answer the questions so we can help you? Have you taken him to a vet?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
This seems like maybe something poisonous that they both were exposed to or ate. But that's just guessing. We need proper information.