Safe to feed food where soul has fish fertilizer?

leoturt

Location (City and/or State)
Western Canada
We have a fish pond and have been putting the dirty water (fish poop/fertilizer) into garden beds and the food has been growing like crazy fast and big. Safe to feed leopard some of the growing greens? The greens are safe for leopards, but idk if it's safe since it has fish fertilizer.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Fish pond water is fine. If there would be a concern it would be if you sprayed the plants with that water, then fed the sprayed on leaves. And then the concern would be a precautionary one. I imagine you have watered the soil, so the plant's roots will filter what is brought up into the plant.

I guess another potential concern might stem from any treatment made to the water in the form of fish medications? Probably not, so still okay.

Think about those hydroponic setup where they grow food for people while plants float on the water surface. You're being cutting edge.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have a fish pond and have been putting the dirty water (fish poop/fertilizer) into garden beds and the food has been growing like crazy fast and big. Safe to feed leopard some of the growing greens? The greens are safe for leopards, but idk if it's safe since it has fish fertilizer.
I do this too, but with my aquarium water during water changes. Its no problem.